With the bachelor’s degree out of the way, there’s a world of possibilities out there for for a graduate - but what to choose? Try out our decision tree to find out which option matches your career plans.
After months (better yet, years) during which the demands of the university have governed your life, it can be quite tough to switch back into decision-making mode with your world being all of a sudden wide open with options to choose from. We have broken down the decision process into a couple of questions that can be answered with a straightforward ‘yes’ or ‘no’. Just give it a try and see where you end up! (Or save it for later by downloading it as a PDF.)
So, which option did you end up with?
- Looks like an internship is the right thing for me. I’d like to know more about finding and applying for internships.
- A full-time job seems like the way to go. I’m interested in what employers look for when hiring people straight out of university.
- I think I’m gonna go for a master’s degree. I’m curious what it’s like to be enrolled in a postgraduate programme.
- Yay, I got the travel bit. I’d just be interested how to spin that for my CV.
- Thanks, but I don’t feel like making a decision based on this. I need to make a list of pro and con arguments first.