After months (better yet, years) during which the demands of the university have governed your life, it can be quite tough to switch back into decision-making mode with your world being all of a sudden wide open with options to choose from. We have broken down the decision process into a couple of questions that can be answered with a straightforward ‘yes’ or ‘no’. Just give it a try and see where you end up! (Or save it for later by downloading it as a PDF.)
So, which option did you end up with?
- Looks like an internship is the right thing for me. I’d like to know more about finding and applying for internships.
- A full-time job seems like the way to go. I’m interested in what employers look for when hiring people straight out of university.
- I think I’m gonna go for a master’s degree. I’m curious what it’s like to be enrolled in a postgraduate programme.
- Yay, I got the travel bit. I’d just be interested how to spin that for my CV.
- Thanks, but I don’t feel like making a decision based on this. I need to make a list of pro and con arguments first.