Corporate & Professional Services Sourcing Manager
- Job ID #: 141394
- Functional Area: Purchasing
- Estimated Travel Percentage (%): 5
- Location(s): London
- Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
- Education Preferred: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- Relocation Provided: No
Share via Networks
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Professional Services Sourcing Manager to join AIG's Global Sourcing & Procurement Services function. The role offers a UK and European remit and will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to continue building upon the success the function has achieved in the two years since its inception.
- Responsible for the End to End acquisition of Non-IT Corporate and Professional Services commodities (Consultancy; CRM; HR; Travel Services; Client Services; Corporate Real Estate; Marketing and Print Management; and General Business Services) including negotiation and contract documentation.
- Work closely with Sourcing team in the US to support global sourcing initiatives, and serve as the EMEA regional liaison to clients across all non-IT business and support functions.
- Standardise processes, policy & practises consistent with Corporate Sourcing to institutionalise procurement best practise. To include standardised contracts, process, and systems; vendor selection criteria, vendor due diligence requirements, performance criteria; and management reporting.
- Promote use of preferred vendors to promote greater standardisation, improved compliance, risk mitigation and leverage of purchasing power to increase cost savings.
- Develop sourcing commodity strategies (and vendor spend baseline) including complex RFx, in collaboration with internal clients.
- Communicate marketplace intelligence relative to vendor capabilities, market pricing, conditions and trends, to help guide optimal use of vendors.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business units to understand procurement requirements and pipeline of procurement related work.
- Performs complex cost benefit and financial analysis and identifies and supports quality improvement initiatives.
- Performs other ad hoc assignments to enable the Company to more cost-effectively procure Services.
- Management of 1 direct report, and direction of off-shore sourcing support team.
- Extensive prior experience of Sourcing, including evidence of proven experience, ideally across multiple countries in the EMEA region.
- Experience of dealing with across different commodities.
- Experience of working with off-shore model and matrix management.
- Track record for negotiating and contracting services, and significant change management.
- Effective at review, documentation and negotiation of commercial agreements including legal terms and conditions.
- Self starter with ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong communicator with excellent influencing and relationship management skills with business leaders, internal clients and vendor community.
- Ability to successfully manage client expectations on project completion timeframes, and agreeing sourcing and vendor communications plans with clients.
- Knowledge of ARIBA Procurement Suite (including Buyer, Sourcing, and Contracts Manager) preferred.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.