San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox security team is responsible for securing data at a massive scale. Over half a billion users and 300,000 teams trust us to keep their private data safe. To be worthy of this trust, we have a well staffed security team of talented individuals. If you are looking to join a strong and growing team with interesting, high-impact and varied work, this is a good choice.
We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about security and will work hand-in-hand with engineers to detect and mitigate any malicious activity on Dropbox. Our Security Data Scientists research and strategize how to prevent and remove malicious activity such as account takeovers, malware, and spam. If you are driven, have a deep understanding of the e-crime/abuse area, and want to make a large impact across Dropbox, this could be the role for you.
- You will perform data analysis and investigations of account security, product abuse, and other security issues
- You will design algorithms and rulesets for malicious activity detection
- You will build machine learning models for abuse prevention systems
- You will contribute to the build of product abuse metrics and alerts, while improving and monitoring
- You will understand abuse mechanisms throughout the product. Assist other teams with using abuse prevention tools
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of technical industry experience
- You are independent and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong data analysis skills, capable of writing complex SQL/Hive queries
- Machine learning skills, capable of training and evaluating machine learning models
- Basic programming skills including understand python code and make minimal changes
- Experience working on/investigating cybercrime, malware, and the underground economy
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)