DescriptionVeolia Australia & New Zealand (Veolia) is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions. With the global expertise gained from serving the environment for more than 150 years, Veolia operates in more than 40 countries around the world, with well over a hundred sites and approximately 4000 employees in Australia & New Zealand.
QualificationsWe are currently seeking a Network and Plant Operator to operate and undertake maintenance work based at our depot based in Ohakune.
As an operator you will carry out tasks across the 3 Waters (Water, Wastewater and Stormwater)
- Maintenance and replacement of water, wastewater and stormwater pipelines and ancillaries
- Water meter and toby installations and repairs
- Preventive maintenance tasks
- Logging of reports and jobs
- Operations and maintenance of water and waste water treatment plants
- Repair and cleaning of plant equipment
- Water and waste water sampling
- Be part of an on call roster which includes overtime and weekends
- Industry qualifications would be an advantage, but not essential
The key to your success will be your can-do attitude and a down-to-earth flexible approach. In return you can look forward to joining a friendly fast paced team.
Veolia New Zealand is a drug/alcohol free company and safety is our first priority. As part of the pre-employment medical you will be required to pass a drug/alcohol test at the completion of reference checking.