Mason, OH, US, 45040
Requisition ID: 94494
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Counsel will support all divisions of Luxottica’s business, supporting the management of a wide variety of labor & employment and commercial litigation and regulatory matters in North America, and serve as a critical liaison between outside counsel and internal clients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support management of litigation for all Luxottica divisions, including labor & employment, commercial, general liability, professional liability, regulatory, IP, product liability, real estate, franchise, competition, and class actions
- Support advice and counsel on regulatory issues facing the Company
- Assist with selection and engagement of counsel and establishing and managing budgets
- Serve as liaison between outside counsel and clients to ensure effective and efficient representation of the Company
- Prepare reports of pending litigation and recommend accruals, as needed
- Analyze and advise clients on legal obligations, risks, and potential liabilities, and negotiate resolutions of non-litigated disputes
- Respond to demand letters, subpoenas, and government inquiries
- Assess and, as needed, assert the Company's coverage, indemnification, and recovery rights
- Advice and counsel internal clients on a wide variety of legal issues related to the Company’s business and operations
- Perform research and assist with presentations and other tasks assigned by more senior lawyers on the Litigation, Regulatory, and Government Relations team
- Supervise work of litigation paralegals
- JD from an accredited law school and excellent academic background
- Licensed to practice law in Ohio or another state
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with private law firm or corporate legal department (or a combination thereof) in commercial litigation
- Superior writing, communication, and research skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels and all lines of business and clients
- Motivated, self-starter
- Ability to work independently, yet collaborate effectively with other attorneys, paralegals, and business partners
- Flexible and able to think on feet
- Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities, and allocate resources appropriately
- Experience negotiating fee arrangements
- Experience with eDiscovery, including work with technical resources and vendors, and records management
- Outgoing and friendly personality, with a good sense of humor
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and excellent academic background.
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Labor & employment, class action, IP, and international experience
- Project management training
- Retail industry experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Administrative; Analyst; Call Center & Customer Service; Communications; Distribution; Engineering; Finance & Accounting; Human Resources; Information Technology; Learning & Development; Legal; Logistics; Manufacturing; Marketing; Optician; Optometry; Other; Product Buying & Planning; Product Design; Product Development; Production; Project Management; Public Relations; Purchasing; Quality Assurance; Research & Development; Retail Associate ; Retail Management; Sales / Account Management; Sales Associate; Strategy/Planning; Supply Chain
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Optometry, Retail Sales, Supply, Franchise, Logistics, Healthcare, Retail, Operations