Job Type:Program Product Management
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This new position is to support UK Merchants integrating instalment credit propositions in the UK. Working closely with the UK Sales and Partner Teams, Relationship/Account Managers and Sales Engineering you will be responsible for merchant acquisition and optimisation strategies, the end to end merchant credit experience and ensuring existing merchant performance optimisation to support P&L targets. The credit Manager will support key strategic initiatives around the enhancement and development of merchant facing propositions, using data and insights to inform and conceptualise product refinements and marketing strategy.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Delivery of P&L metrics for consumer credit acquisition (consumer credit sales volumes, TPV volumes & acquisition margins)
- Development & implementation of acquisition strategies (inc merchants, Gateways and other channels)
- Recommending Acquisition and optimisation pricing strategies for merchants, gateways and consumers
- Channel performance and development including strategic clients and own channel marketing
- Optimising risk/reward to meet agreed commercial returns
- Undertake competitor research to help prioritise proposition improvements
- Identify untapped segments and develop targeted offerings, campaigns or product enhancements to increase level of engagement
- End to end view of merchant experience
- Engage with the Product team to help prioritise product requirements
- Build business cases to support recommendations
- Engage with the analytics team to monitor changes
- Help resolve operations issues and remediations
- Liaise with all required departments and stakeholders and communicate regular updates
- Lead and manage credit programme projects as designated
- Stakeholder management with Compliance/Legal/Credit Risk/product/ Training/EMEA Business and EMEA Ops business.
- Attend regional weekly meeting and other weekly meetings and input effectively.
- As required support the team and assist with Operations readiness requirements/tasks/issues
- 2+ years experience required gained in a Financial/Credit organisation
- Credit knowledge, including deferred payments and instalments is desirable
- Possesses Business acumen and the ability to manage a P&L
- An understanding of operations (i.e. line management, change management, operational excellence)
- Excellent Customer Relationship and focus skills
- Strong communication skills in all formats (verbal, written) and ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organisation
- Strong time management skills and decisive.
- Action orientated, with the ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- High integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values
- Proven problem solving capability
- Self-motivated, target driven, ability to work independently and adaptable
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.