Date Posted: 2019-03-21-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HNC32: US096-Winston-Salem (Oak Plaza 190 Oak Plaza Boulevard , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including aMechatronic Systems Engineer in ourEngineered Componentsbusiness located in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Conceptualize, design and develop a network of communicating mechatronic devices by utilizing a top-down approach that facilitates the flow down of information from higher level system integration parameters and specifications to lower level devices.
- Provide technical leadership to a cross functional design team to execute concepts comprised of mechanical devices, electronics and software that will come together as complete systems.
- Model, simulate and verify performance and completeness of newly conceived mechatronic systems early in the development phases.
- Troubleshoot performance issues with software, hardware, and mechanical systems and conceive solutions to correct issues.
- Monitor and critique high and low level software requirements to ensure the system specifications and requirements are met.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure technical objectives are met for new electronic and mechanical designs and ensure industry best practices are followed.
- Create planning, design, implementation and verification documentation for both internal use and delivery to customer.
- Develop, implement, analyze, measure, test and validate control equations, algorithms, coefficients, etc. for system and product specifications.
- Interface with aviation regulatory bodies to ensure full and timely compliance of hardware and software to aviation requirements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation systems for software, electronic and mechanical developments that will meet AS9100 and DO-178B and D0-178C standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university; and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess working knowledge and the ability to apply common control algorithms (such as PID loops and simple linear controls).
- Experienced in C software development preferred, must have strong understanding and commitment to the "top down" development approach.
- Expert in use of N.I./ Labview hardware and software to control and test various electro-mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of communication and networking protocols as applied in embedded environment (CAN, RS-485, RS-232, I2C, SPI, USB, UART, etc.)
- Must have practical experience in design, manufacturing, and regulatory compliance documentation for commercial aircraft level equipment.
- Ability to work with internal and external engineering and cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expert in the use of MS Office products.
- Experience in full cycle of DO-178B and/or DO-178C requirements is preferred.
- Experience with DO-160 requirements is preferred.
- Familiarity with other FAA, Boeing, and Airbus requirements (both hardware and software) is preferred.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.