You will be part of the Employee Services Division in the Directorate General Human Resources. Our Directorate General has 100 staff providing operational, talent management and advisory services to the approximately 3,300 employees and more than 300 managers working at the ECB.
You will help us to develop agile, customer-centric and strategic HR solutions and services in the areas of talent acquisition, leadership, business partnering, performance and talent management, and employee health and well-being, based on well-designed systems and people analytics.
In your role as Analytics / Data Science Trainee in Human Resources, you will be part of a team of between eight and ten staff working to develop and implement policies, optimise processes and improve decision-making and strategies related to our staff. You will also work closely with the HR IT team and several teams in the Directorate General Information Systems.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply, irrespective of your gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or other characteristics.
As an Analytics / Data Science Trainee in Human Resources you will:
- support with hands-on work of people-related data for different projects and operational tasks, such as transforming, reshaping and visualising datasets;
- contribute to designing and piloting advanced HR analytics use cases including statistical modelling, data interpretation, deriving recommendations, documentation and writing requirements for implementing the use cases;
- manage day-to-day reporting for HR business partners, colleagues in HR who design policies, managers and other stakeholders;
- support the streamlining, digitalisation and automation of processes (including developing analytical applications and Business Intelligence applications and supporting IT projects);
- contribute to upskilling colleagues on topics such as analytics and statistics, as well as change management activities such as software training.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to apply and expand your analytics and data science knowledge through hands-on contribution and problem-solving in a newly created business function. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or higher, with a specialisation relevant to the work of the HR Analytics team, in one of the following fields: data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, human resources management, business administration, economics, social and organisational psychology, business information systems, business analytics, or another relevant discipline;
- as a minimum, an intermediate level of expertise with R or advanced skills with another statistical programming language;
- experience in or knowledge of analytics and data science methodologies;
- excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an interest in complex technical content;
- a sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, or similar software;
- an advanced-level command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- experience with SQL and/or Python;
- experience with Tableau;
- experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Impala or Hive;
- knowledge of one or more SAP HCM (Human Capital Management) modules.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
Traineeship of between 6 and 12 months in total.
The recruitment process for this position may include a remote written exercise and a phone interview.
Apply via the "Apply Now" button.
Application and selection process
For further information on how to join us, read more.