Are you dedicated and like to analyse data to support managerial decision making?
Do you want to work with Business Development and examine new business opportunities? Are you a structured and self-driven individual, who would like to gain valuable, professional experience by working with data within New Ventures?
We are currently looking for a Student Assistant who is dedicated to delivering quality, meeting deadlines, ensuring that tasks and projects are pushed through to completion and working in a proactive way.
Your responsibilities as a Student Assistant in New Ventures:
As a Student Assistant, you will perform a variety of business development analyses on the market to aid management in decision making. You will be involved in contacting relevant people to further investigate new business concepts as well as sorting data for later use. You will work with portfolio optimization and pricing as well as product- and contract development. Furthermore, you will perform a variety of upcoming ad-hoc tasks that are changing every day in the department.
- Analysis of data (both parallel import and non-parallel import related)
- Exploring new business ideas and contacting the relevant people
- Support the team with various daily and ad hoc tasks relating to business development and new ventures
Are you the right candidate?
We expect you to be a good team player, adaptable and detail-oriented. There are many projects going on at the same time and it is essential that you have a structured work approach and enjoy juggling a number of assignments. You will also need to work independently and solution-oriented with the ability to define, run and deliver entire projects on your own. As a person, we expect you to not be discouraged by routine tasks, have strong analytical skills and a flair for IT.
Additionally, we expect you to:
- Be a strong user in Excel and PowerPoint whereas the handling of other industry specific databases will be taught
- Be an analytical thinker, who is strong with numbers and shows a good and consistent understanding of business concepts
- Preferably a master’s student within the areas of business administration, finance, economics, management or engineering
- Have excellent command of the English language, whereas proficiency in Danish is preferred, but not required. Proficiency in other European languages is a strong advantage.
- Have experience from working in a company business function or doing volunteering
- Be accommodating, service-minded and not afraid of giving a helping hand whenever needed
Your future colleagues
You will be a vital part of the team in the New Ventures department, which currently consists of 6 employees with room to grow. Working at Abacus Medicine means working shoulder to shoulder every day across the entire organization to become the leading parallel import company in Europe. While working hard we value an informal and friendly atmosphere with room for a good laugh.
What do we offer?
- A part-time position of 15-25 hours per week.
- Central location at our HQ in Vesterbro, Copenhagen.
- Delicious lunch arrangement, free fruit arrangement and great social events.
- A fun and entrepreneurial workplace where we are driven by community spirit and a desire to be successful.
- Interesting assignments with a high degree of variation, reaching from in-depth data analyses to new customer acquisitions and negotiations.
We are flexible around your working days and understand the importance of the balance between working hours and your studies. It is possible to spread out the working hours on many or few days over the week - depending on what suits you the best.
Do you have any questions before you apply for the position? Please feel free to contact Christian Overgaard Wessels, Student Assistant, at email@example.com.
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply via the "apply now" button and make sure to attach your resumé, cover letter and grade transcript.
We focus on finding the right candidate and aim to have the candidate joining our team as soon as possible. We process applications continuously, but please make sure to apply no later than 16th June 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Who is Abacus Medicine
At Abacus Medicine, you will play a big part in providing medicine at an affordable price to consumers, busi-nesses and hospitals all over Europe. Through a well-established network of licensed suppliers, we purchase original medicine at a low price in one country and redistribute it to the benefit of the consumers in countries with higher prices. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in Denmark, and we are looking for you and many other bright talents to join our 450 dedicated colleagues with more than 22 different nationalities in e.g. Denmark, Hungary, Germany, the Netherlands and Austria. Abacus Medicine is a family business established by CEO Flemming Wagner and his father Medical Director John Wagner. Family values remain an important part of our identity, and we look out for each other and work as a team.