Redmond, Washington, United States
- Job number 641496
- Date posted Jun 13, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Are you interested in working on a cutting-edge business that understands and values your work and sees user experience, customer experience, and service design as key strategic priorities? Our vision is to create professional, seamless, and friction-free experiences that enable our customers to work less and accomplish more. In this role, you will have the opportunity to solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity. Your design passion will make an immediate impact within the Identity Division at Microsoft and your design influence will have a larger, lasting impact on the broader customer experience.
Other success factors for UXers in our agile environment:
- Thoughtfulness — You’re thoughtful and deliberate in your choices and able to articulate that on the fly across a cross-functional team, and occasionally, conflicting priorities and objectives.
- Inclusive — You are an active listener with courage and positive intent. You are always curious and constantly learning.
- A translator of tradeoffs — There’s no perfect interface and no right answer. You’re able to create different options and translate the tradeoffs between them in the context of business objectives.
- A facilitator — You know how to collaborate with others and let them put their concerns on the table.
About the teamThe team is comprised of widely talented and diverse individuals with interesting backgrounds and sometimes perplexing passions. It’s an environment where creativity and innovation thrive, and where you can solve hard problems and identify ways to contribute to others’ work.
PortfolioA strong portfolio is absolutely critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation. Showcase your experience in UX and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern. We’d like to see a diversity of projects, but be careful that your portfolio doesn't get scattered or overly long — focus on curation and quality to choose a solid collection of outcomes and design intermediaries and deliverables (especially flows, mockups, and prototypes), and be sure the portfolio demonstrates the design and thought process behind each image.
- Design degree or equivalent experience plus 3+ years’ industry experience in interactive design, visual design, and/or information architecture.
- Demonstrated breadth across information architecture, usability, interaction design, and visual design
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
- The ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently, and rapidly produce deliverables
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe XD and Figma.
- Experience in partnering with Researchers to deliver on user and business goals.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience designing user experiences for enterprise software/services
- Experience with UI design principles and patterns
QualificationsAbility to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.