If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You are working in an agile software development team to implement integrated IoT solutions in the broader sphere of autonomous driving applications.
- You support us in the design, implementation and testing as well as documentation of innovative software solutions - from data collection of field data, to runtime monitoring of embedded systems and communication links, to running mobility services on the edge, up to linking the data flow into the backend.
- You are part of a team of IoT integration development experts.
- You contribute to requirement engineering and create technical specifications.
- You are working in continuous release cycles, using DevOps and CI/CD into local and world-wide installations.
- You are responsible for the software code quality and ensure the realization of state-of-the-art security & safety requirements.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a master’s degree in information technology, mathematics, physics or engineering. You have gained first relevant experience in developing industry software solutions and proven in several projects. In addition, you have very good knowledge of relevant programming languages (e.g., C++, Python).
- You have basic experience in system integration, data communication (e.g. MQTT, ROS, DDS) and technologies of the edge (e.g. Linux, Docker).
- You have first experience with mobility services and the automotive domain. Knowledge of related standards is a plus.
- You have the experience of working with virtual teams and in an agile environment - good communication skills and the use of dedicated techniques to realize virtual and distributed projects.
- You are a strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in German and English.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Daniela Welz.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 114219
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time