Requisition Number: 156649
Position Title: Software Engineer III
External Description:Job Title: Software Engineer III – Data & AI
We are EA:And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access, and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data & AI Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting, and customer experience.
We are looking for seasoned developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
What a Software Engineer III – Data & AI does at EA:
- Help define and build a unified platform across EA, extract and process massive data from spanning 20+ game studios, and leverage the insight to serve massive online requests in a highly efficient manner
- Develop infrastructure software that slice and dice data, using Hadoop and Map/Reduce
- Design and Develop reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Develop large scale online platform to personalize player experience and provide reporting and feedbacks
- Write reliable and efficient programs to process and consume massive (petabyte) datasets with large clusters of machines
- Develop both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Develop batch and real-time processing
- Work closely with data modelers, business data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and deliver to production
The next great Software Engineer III – Data & AI also needs:
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Several years of software development experience, writing clean re-usable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Fluency with an Object-Oriented language including Java AND/OR C++, and SQL, Perl/Python
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, Awk, Python
- Extensive experience with distributed system to serve massive concurrent requests
- Extensive experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses
- Extensive experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, or other NoSQL stacks
- Extensive experience working with columnar analytics databases or relational databases.
- Extensive experience with data modeling and BI tools
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment
- Great communication, time-management, and teamwork skills
- Must have an advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other closely related fields.
What's in it for YOU? Glad you asked!We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer EADP Data & AI
Company Profile:Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-18 16:19:03.423
EEO Employer Verbiage:EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US