Location: West Allis
Do you want to pioneer science and improve food and health for more than 1 billion people every day?
At Chr. Hansen, we work to improve food and health and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day.
Our success is built on more than 140 years of innovation and a commitment to ensure the wider adoption of natural ingredients. This allows us to expand innovations into new areas, and to continue working towards a better world. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture – and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. HansenJoining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while taking part in pioneering science. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We value people who can come up with new ideas and who want to form their own work practice and methods.
We believe that engagement matters, and therefore we strive to make an optimal environment for development by promoting a collaborative culture with the passion to make a difference.
About the position / Who are we looking forGeneral Summary
This position works under general direction and is primarily responsible for investigating and proposing process technology solutions for optimizing the product process in the Culture plant.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities (* = Essential Functions)
- Prioritizes the optimization of current cultures with process technology.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate and analyze future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Introduces recipes and production processes for new cultures.
- Works with operators and supervisors to troubleshoot equipment or product problems in the plant.
- Acts as a liaison between marketing, research and production for implementation of new cultures.
- Validates the implementation of new equipment.
- Writes process training documents for operators and acts as the ambassador of change control and change management.
- Manages and maintains assigned culture portfolio.
- Participates in team projects and in a team environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read and write procedures, instruction, policies or documentation in easy to understand language.
- Ability read and interpret process flow diagrams looking for potential improvements.
- Ability to understand design of experiment models in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other IT systems (i.e. DocBox, PRISMA) needed to perform essential duties.
- Possess basic knowledge in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles (yellow or green belt).
- Exposure to some project management is helpful
- Some manufacturing process exposure.
- These characteristics are normally acquired through a Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline, such as a micro or food science degree, and one to two years experience in a production and/or process technology environment.
Working ConditionsWorking environment is generally favorable and in an office setting. Lighting, temperature and noise levels are adequate. Occasional weekend work, on-call and/or evening shifts may be required along with work in a production environment. International travel can be up to 10%.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, keyboard and occasionally lift up to 10 lbs. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
We offerWorking at Chr. Hansen enables you to take part in continuously pioneering science.
Since 1847, we have been at the forefront of innovation allowing us to continuously expand into new areas of improvement. Our business is built on sustainable principles of using nature’s own resources, and we want to keep moving the frontier. We offer the best opportunities for both personal and professional development through our global mentor program and our superior technological platforms.
Hiring Manager: Keith GroverDeadline for Application: 8/2/2019
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)