Are you analytically-minded, with a close eye on the finer details? Does working as a data guru in a results-oriented environment sound fun to you? If so, we have internship and working student opportunities for you!
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand for Amazon’s services is growing. To meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations teams across Europe.
The Amazon Finance teams are currently looking for highly analytical, technical, creative and forward-thinking Analyst Interns to join the fast paced world of European Operations.
We will give you the opportunity to experience and learn how we make a difference to our business. The internship will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to Finance and Data Analysis within the Operational Business.
We’re looking for brilliant minds like yours that are inquisitive and curious. Together with the team you join, you’ll help analyse the overall performance and throughput of one segment of our world class supply chain. Then, you’ll help recommend potential changes and improvements that can be made: this is all part of our culture of continuous improvement.
You will have the chance to put your analytical and technical skills to the test; you’ll assist with gathering massive amounts of data and finding out the exact trend that can be acted upon to reduce cost and/or improve efficiency. You’ll be involved in reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business unit in their decision making process. You’ll gain invaluable first hand experience in improving accuracy alongside automating tools and processes.
As an intern in Finance, you could join one of the following teams: Finance Planning & Analysis, Operations Finance, Transportation Finance, Infrastructure Finance, etc.
- You are currently working towards a university degree in a quantitative field, such as Business Administration/Intelligence, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar.
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel is required.
- You’re comfortable working in English.
- You already have clearance to work in the country you are applying for, including any visas that may be required on your part.
- You maintain close attention-to-detail, with an ability to carry out in-depth data mining; your approach is always methodical as you build understanding of the bigger picture.
- You come with the ability to innovate, simplify processes and practices.
- Basic knowledge of MySQL and/or SQL is a plus.
- Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Data visualisation skills are also beneficial, such as proficiency in Tableau, Qlikview, PowerPivot, and Microstrategy.
- You’re well organised: confident when working in a fast-paced environment, you stay on top of your deadlines and meet them consistently.
- You have previous work experience (this could be an internship or student job).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon, you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third-party service provider.