Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
As aMiddleweightMultimedia Designer, you willbe a confident designer whothrivesin a fast-paced environment deliveringsmart, agile and versatile designs that playsa meaningful role in culture and speak to 20-somethings globally.
Compelling content that resonates with ourcustomersis what we’re about and this rolemakesthis happen.We are looking for an energetic, collaborative individual who thinks differently, pushes boundaries and isn’t content with the way things are. A strong appetite to influence change in consumer behaviour through creativity is a must.
You’ll have great attention to detail, be driven and willing to adapt to change and go the extra mile. You’ll be diplomatic, forthcoming with ideas and initiatives, enthusiastic, a team player and a first-class communicator, able to speak to different people in a variety of departments.You will need to be able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and be ableto deliver exciting, reactive content.
You must be proactive and able to work independently, research and initiate exciting projects of your own. You should have lots of original ideas and be able to articulate them clearly in team meetings and brainstorms.
As well as taking direction from Seniors, you will have autonomy over your own work due to the fast-paced reactive environment.You will constantly be on the pulse of multimedia design within the design world,aswell as upto date with contentfromour retail competitors.
What you’ll be doing…
- Own and evolve our multimedia design and execution, experimenting with imagery, gifs, video and animation across our various workstreams and platforms.
- Use your multimedia design skills across all disciplines to experiment with visual language.
- You will be a source of inspiration, bringing new ideas and concepts to work.
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate concepts and brand identity, as well as the design and production of screen layouts,colourpalettes, interface elements, iconography, typography and the creation of style guides.
- Monitor, adapt and execute design approach andactively aware of all areas of design and tech.
- Find design solutions that will make our audience stop and engage, compared to our competitors.
- Understandthecreative vision of the department and take direction from senior members of the team.
- Actively responsive to fluctuating business workloads.
- Offer support across all brand communication on our channels.
- Considering trade objectives and opportunities when executing design content.
- Ensureall projects are executed within timelines and schedules.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all other departments, in particular:Content,Creative, ASOS Creates,Creative Operations,Fashion, MarketingandSocialto deliver excellent ideas and executions.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- 2-5 yearsofexperience within a design role.
- An outstanding design portfolio.
- Creative thinker withtheability to push ideas.
- Fully conversant in Aftereffects, and the adobe suite.
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D is a bonus.
- A high visual aesthetic withSuperb layout and typography skills
- Good knowledge of social design trends and approaches across Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, You Tube and IGTV.
- Good knowledge of and understanding of the kind of design content that is widely viewed and shared across social media.
- Team player.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Ability to work under pressure and be reactive.
- Ability to work across multiple projects.
- Good communication skills with the ability to sell design ideas to wider teams or collaborators.
- Pro-active and highly motivated.
- Strong understanding of campaign development and executions.
- Confident to explore new ways of working
- Open minded.
- A knowledge of the social landscape.
- A strong interest in fashion andretail.
- Mac literate.