Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Compl AML Core Analyst 1 is a trainee professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job.
- Develops, recommends and implements processes and controls to facilitate firms and/or business unit compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) rules and regulations
- Monitors and analyzes transactions to validate appropriateness of activities
- Confirms employees have received appropriate testing and have qualifications related to AML regulation
- Additional duties as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Experience in AML, knowledge of AML regulations preferred, proficiency with MS office, verbal/written skills, analytical skills
- Prior experience in the financial field preferably within AML
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Review and disposition of Alerts generated through the screening of the New to Bank (NTB) accounts opened and maintenance processes of existing accounts as well as the periodic screening of the entire customer portfolio under purview against the additions to the Sanctions List issued by the regulators.. Decision-making on escalation/closure of case.
Job Context:Located within the regional Anti Money Laundering Hub, the Global Sanctions Operations mitigates the sanctions risks in the global marketplace. It uses skilled analysts, state-of-the-art technology and globally standard policies and procedures to ensure effective monitoring and reporting of suspicious activities.
- Analyzing alerts and investigating customers who match with SDN, PEPS and Negative Media list during the account opening and maintenance processes
- Conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiry with business or Compliance contacts within the organization.
- Accumulating facts from investigations to be utilized in presentation to Senior Management and Compliance
- Conducting enhanced due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures
- Reporting unusual client activities which might relate to sanctioned individuals, money laundering or terrorist financing
- Conduct alert investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements
- Operating within agreed business SLAs and confidentiality standards
- Applying or adapting knowledge (obtained from training) of any imposed sanctions(s) or other laws/regulation(s) to the task at hand/
- Building and applying knowledge of sanctions and anti-money laundering processes
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - MY
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.