New York, NY, US, 10017
Requisition ID: 126486
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
GENERAL FUNCTION The Market Specialist is responsible for all activities relating to the promotion, merchandising and sell-through of Luxottica brands within an assigned territory. The Market Specialist effectively sells all Luxottica products and promotes the Luxottica brand image to Account Sales Associates, management and consumers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting sales goals and objectives for Luxottica brands within an assigned territory.
- Schedules and maintains a regular visit cadence with all doors within assigned territory and as determined by sales cycle priorities and activities.
- Actively promotes Luxottica products to account customers and consumers through brand and category trainings, consumer engagement/events and merchandising activities.
- Develops strong working relationships with store management and personnel; meets with store management to identify business opportunities to maximize Luxottica’s presence and drive sales.
- Is knowledgeable of and keeps current with all Luxottica products, services, promotions, advertising and competitive offers to facilitate sales efforts; maintains awareness of competitor’s products, promotions, and services.
- Provides customers with professional, personalized customer service to promote sales by increasing customer awareness and knowledge of Luxottica’s brands and the eye wear category.
- Ensures prominent product placement within stores in assigned territory, while ensuring execution of brand standards of merchandising and signage.
- Conducts regular Luxottica product trainings in-store, for Account Sales Associates, to ensure knowledge of Luxottica’s products, marketing activities, selling strategies and merchandising standards.
- Associates degree in business management
- Car and valid Driver’s License
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service environment
- Previous merchandising, selling and/or retail experience Heavy travel within assigned territory
- Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Driven to engage with account personnel and consumers
- Excellent sales, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to present, motivate and coach in front of a large group
- Good negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, generate creative selling solutions and work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient w/ PC and IOS applications – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, iPad
- Ability to travel, 80% of the time, including occasional overnight hotel stays for meetings or special events
- Associates degree in business management with concentration in marketing, merchandising, sales
- Previous merchandising, selling and/or retail experience in a fashion environment
- Department Store/Boutique experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Sales, Business Manager, Advertising, Retail, Management, Marketing