Date Posted: 2019-10-02-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HNY31: Binghamton, NY 31 Lewis Rd , Binghamton, NY, 13905-1022 USA
Software Engineer - New Graduate
- Mission Simulation & Training Systems
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer - New Grad - Simulation & Training Systems to join our team in Binghamton, NY
Job SummaryWe seek someone with a keen interest in aviation and technology, who loves to dig in to technical problems and work with a highly skilled team of engineers. You'll learn about aircraft systems and building advanced flight and mission simulators for commercial and military customers in a dynamic environment.
- Assist in development detailed software specifications and provide accurate time estimates for the software development
- System modeling, scientific programming
- Interest in aviation or systems simulation
- Detail oriented, problem solving skills
- Apply knowledge: Product domain, Requirements, Design, Development, Test and Release software processes, tools, methods and coding best practices with primary emphasis on software design and development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to incorporate the appropriate Collins Aerospace processes and tools into product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
- Design, code, integrate, regression test, test and document
- Perform software debugging using appropriate techniques and tools.
- Performs in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems.
- Provides engineering estimates for own work on tasks similar to those previously performed.
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for well-defined software designs.
- Support and enhance existing software products as necessary.
- Individual job duties may vary
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Experience with developing applications C, C++
- Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, support)
- Visual Studio and/or Eclipse
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with utilizing MS Office Applications.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to get clearance if necessary at a future time
Current Product/Project Information:
Individual will be part of a project team responsible for designing and developing air and ground vehicle Flight and Maintenance Training Simulators for military and civilian use.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.