Summit, New Jersey Req #: 1903627
Location: Summit, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Finance
Work Location: 86 Morris Avenue 07901
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
The Associate Director, Business Analytics and Forecasting’s function is to lead, conduct and oversee critical analytics initiatives across I&I Franchise products with a priority focus on launch brands in the commercialization phase (i.e. Ozanimod). The role will collaborate across USLT, Marketing and Sales, Patient Service, Market Access, Market Research, and Finance to provide key insights, strategic recommendations and drive positive results. The role will have responsibility across a broad variety of initiatives leading cross functional efforts as assigned.
The individual in this role must have strong leadership qualities and the ability to shift context across the breadth of analytics efforts from market research, secondary analytics, sales force launch and forecasting perspectives. They must be able to effectively conduct and coordinate large scale projects both ensuring quality and meeting critical timelines. The ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and manage a variety of internal and external initiatives are important success factors. They must be adept at communicating complex information from an analytics, strategy and requirements perspective.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute and/or coordinate critical analytics initiatives providing an interpretation of findings and the implications to US I&I Franchise
- Proactively seek and frame opportunities and identify business risks for the US I&I Franchise
- Integrate insights across the analytics functions to develop a multidimensional perspective
- Coordinate and drive cross functional efforts with a focus on launch brands
- Ensure that all analytics launch efforts are on track and signal risks to leadership as they emerge
- Digest and synthesize data assets from across the organization, including the end to end understanding of the data assets and their applications.
- Design, develop, populate and maintain forecast models, ranging from single product evaluations to cross-sectional patient market models and patient-flow models
- Collaborate with Finance and Market Access to share information for gross-to-net forecasts and other key financial assumptions and ensures all forecasts are completed with the highest level of diligence and precision.
- Participate in, and lead cross-functional teams whose members include US Marketing, Sales, Market Research, Market Access, Sales Operations, Business Development, Manufacturing, and Finance
- Manage data and analytics vendors as required
- MS in quantitative fields (mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, business)
- 7+ years of analytical experience in Pharmaceutical or Business Analytics
- Consulting experience preferred
- Forecasting and Market Research experience preferred
- Experience working with specialty pharmacy data, IQVIA, Symphony or similar third-party data is preferred
- Expert in programming language, such as R, Python, or SAS
- Excel, Tableau, Alteryx and good knowledge PowerPoint preferred
- Experience in data mining and analysis techniques
- Advanced statistical analysis skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability, with attention to detail, and systems aptitude
- Ability to organize/analyze multiple data sources and events into a cohesive result through the utilization of various analytical tools and technologies
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels
- Strong sense of teamwork, proactive work attitude
- Demonstrate integrity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic
- Travel as required
About UsCOMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.