Date Posted: 2019-11-27-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who design, evaluate and support gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design and others.
The Operations Support (OPS) group at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico is currently looking for a motivated and talented Intern to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn engineering skills necessary to support the development and improvements on manufacturing processes for products and practices, taking into consideration problems inherent in the manufacturing shop floor. Such development and improvements may include new or revised processes. Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation. Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment. Determine maintenance and repair materials required for deployment. May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is an unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Revise, edit, maintain, and update production process plans, and manufacturing work instruction information integrity after the migration process to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Review supplier transitions for consistency, risk, completion, validity (high and low risk), project management, and work with multifunctional roles / departments (quality and engineering).
- Research, analyze, and get all the details about the tools, methodologies, and processes for projects within the manufacturing services.
- Evaluate and suggest recommendations on the manufacturing and quality processes / services to be followed.
Education and Qualifications:Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Quality or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Have experience with Microsoft office Applications
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.