Date Posted: 2019-11-27-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who design, evaluate and support gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design and others.
The Aftermarket group at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico is currently looking for a motivated and talented Intern to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn engineering skills necessary to support the designs, develops, documentation, tests and debugs logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition. Ensures hardware and software standards are met. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
Aftermarket, Commercial Engine is responsible for all aspects of Pratt & Whitney aircraft real time engine health monitoring including requirements analysis & definition, system & software architecture, algorithm design, and product software design, verification & validation and data processing. Aftermarket, Commercial Engine is looking for engineering CO-OP supporting the various product development activities within the organization. The engineering work in this group offers an excellent opportunity to provide leadership and technical work in a very dynamic and challenging environment.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is a unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Perform full life cycle support for Data Processing Software Development.
- Develop applications for engineering and non-engineering programs.
- Perform low complexity data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Assists in conducting disciplinary research on one or more stages of the equipment design phase to develop design options and recommendations.
Education and Qualifications:Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Software or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Have experience with Microsoft office Applications
- Have experience with xml processing and SQL developer
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.