Lead Product Development CoachMountain View, United States • Design • Full Time
At Atlassian, we believe in the power of teamwork. Our mission is to help unleash the potential in every team through open work.
As a global leader in team collaboration tools, we are equally committed to investing in our own team and 2,000+ crafts people (Product, Design and Engineering).
Our vision is for all Atlassian teams to be proud of how we build products and services.
About youDo you believe that even with the best tools in the world, teams need the right practices to drive teamwork and collaboration to truly unleash their potential?
Do you thrive in partnering with teams, leading change through facilitation and coaching? Are you able to draw on your rich experience in product, design, or engineering in guiding teams toward better practices and outcomes?
Join us.Atlassian is searching for a Team Success Coach to join and support our Bay Area teams. Team Success Coaches work alongside our product and platform teams, guiding them in their efforts to be more agile, experimental and customer-centric.
As an Atlassian Coach, you will:
- Help evolve the craft-person lifecycle, from how new hires are onboarded to their personal growth (mastering their craft, leadership skills and lateral moves into other crafts).
- Provide education in a just in time manner, contextual to the team's needs, allowing them to learn in the flow.
- Consciously target specific product/platform teams one team at a time through short term (6-12 wk) engagements, creating a tight feedback loop back into the wider Craft Practices & Learning team.
- Build upon the Atlassian Playbook, incrementally building out a knowledge base of methodologies and practices to benefit other products/platform teams.
- Help build the definition of "great" in building proofs of concept fellow teams can observe and learn from.
Successful Candidates for this role will:
- Naturally balance the need for pragmatism and empathy, demonstrating a bias for action and focus on results.
- Strike the balance on just enough process; you know what will help a team run effectively, and know how to introduce change in a way that helps make us effective and more confident.
- Act as a multiplier, able to impact up, down, and across the organization.
- Think and act nimbly, consistently learning and improving processes, while taking calculated risks along the way.
- Communicate positively, effectively, and honestly across the org. chart and with a diverse audience.
- Build credibility at each level of the organization, and in doing so, motivate others to do their best work.
In terms of experience, this means you:
- Have hands on experience leading lean enterprise, large-scale transformation initiatives. You see “scale” as a positive, ensuring teams and individuals benefit from Atlassian growth.
- Are a practitioner, crafts-person at heart, having previously worked in product teams, shipping and iterating customer value. Your expertise spans Lean, Design Thinking, and Agile - but you pride yourself on enabling teams - not ensuring compliance to a methodology.
- Enjoy leading a ground swell of change, introducing and evolving new ways of working. You are a facilitator by nature - and see yourself as having skin in the teams' outcomes.
- Balance the tactical immediate needs, while not losing sight of the longer term strategic needs. You prioritize delivery, and seek to coach through it - and are able to recognize when teams are in the depths of delivering on the wrong problem.
- Appreciate the valuable blend of class-room training with timely team coaching
- Are comfortable facilitating conflicting viewpoints, bringing equal voice and perspective across Engineering, Product, and Design - always with the customer need at the core of the conversation. You are confident in working across multiple value streams within the organization, working systematically to spot themes and trends.
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianCreating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.