Job Description - Financial Analyst (331894)
Working directly for the Finance Manager located in Philadelphia, and with various departments, including Global Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, North America Finance, Claims, and Reinsurance, this role will engage in account reconciliation preparation for clearing and control accounts.
Critical factors to success include: delivering results while maintaining a detailed focus, ability to take ownership, effective team player with ability to work independently, willingness and desire to learn and develop, critical and analytical thinking, flexibility, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
This position is responsible for the preparation of account reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis. The reconciliation process includes obtaining data and reconciling to the ledger. Variances found must be investigated and resolved by working with other business and operational units across the organization in a timely manner.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete account reconciliations monthly and quarterly
- Enhance documentations of current operations and procedures
- Research and clear reconciling items in a timely manner
- Complete journal entries as needed
- Participate in various ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business required, with a major in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- Prior internship in a business environment preferred
- CPA candidate preferred
- Ability to grow
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Word and Excel
- PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Blackline experience a plus
REQUIRED PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Team player with customer service orientation
- Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.