Date Posted: 2020-01-20-08:00
Country: United Kingdom
Location: CMRS Nottingham, Crocus Street, The Meadows, Nottingham, NG2 3EJ, UK.
SMC Monitoring Group is made up of four of the UK’s leading security businesses; SMC Custodian, SMC Vision and Mentor Business Systems.
With over 40 years’ experience in developing technology and training our people and as part of Carrier, we deliver exceptional service at every point to hundreds of thousands of customers, ranging from life safety systems, telecare, intruder, fire and CCTV monitoring, remote concierge services and the provision of service management software.
Our key developments;
- This year we have completed an £800,000 refurbishment in our Alarm Receiving Centre, with a similar amount to be spent in the next couple of years.
- We now offer in house training so our employees can gain their company funded, SIA CCTV license.
- A new Agent grading system has been introduced that ensures your hard work is recognised and rewarded. Rest assured, you will be encouraged to aim high and develop your career.
What are we looking for?
Due to continuous growth within our monitoring business, we are now looking to recruit a number of Part Time Customer Service Agents, to assist with the monitoring and response to CCTV and intruder alarms, based at our newly refurbished Nottingham Security Monitoring Centre.
There are various shift patterns available - we are looking for candidates interested in either:
- Weekend shifts (Saturday and Sunday days, between 07:00 and 19:00 totalling an average of 20 hours a week)
- Evening shifts (Monday to Friday 4 hours per night, between the hours 5pm and 1am
As a Customer Service Agent, you will:
- Respond to and process CCTV and alarm activations, speedily and accurately
- Inform the relevant Emergency Authorities and Customers
- Handle internal/ external customer related enquiries and deliver high levels of customer service at all times
Required ExperienceTo be successful in this role you will: • Have previous customer service experience, ideally telephone based • Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills • Be able to work on your own initiative as well as working as part of a team in a customer service environment
Salary & BenefitsWhat can we offer you? • Competitive hourly rate that will increase upon successful completion of probation • Shift allowance of £963.72 per annum • Company funded SIA Licence • Overtime at 1.5x basic rate • Bank Holiday at 2.5x basic rate • Christmas Day and New Years’ Day at 3x basic rate • Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence • Generous company pension. • A central Benefits programme that offers a wide variety of discounts, soon to include Health & Wellbeing services
Employer DescriptionCombined, these businesses have over 70 years’ experience in developing technology and training our people. Additionally, as part of the Global UTC Group, we deliver exceptional service at every point to hundreds of thousands of customers, ranging from monitoring life safety systems, telecare, intruder, fire, CCTV monitoring, remote concierge services and the provision of service management software.
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally assessed and selected based on objective criteria.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.