Date Posted: 2020-01-21-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CAN01: Carrier-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
General Description:UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is looking for a highly motivated and results driven Mechanical Engineer for the Rooftop Systems.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIESCarrier Corporation is looking for highly motivated and results driven individual to join the Rooftop Sustaining team. The ideal candidate will work with small and medium rooftop (3 to 28 tons) sustaining team to support any alterations, updates, improvements, or cost optimization activities with a particular focus in the following:
- Heat Transfer and Fluids Flow
- General Design
- Project/Engineering Management
- Program Management
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Identified and develop cost effective design and applications.
- Work with factory team to investigate quality issues on current products and develop solutions to improve overall product quality.
- Work with product management team in developing and introducing new product options as standard product.
- Develop computer models to simulate system and component performance.
- Work with design team in developing cost effective designs.
- Develop and manage laboratory qualification programs for sustaining changes.
Ideally, s/he will have familiarity with the design and development of packaged HVAC systems. Finally s/he must be agile, a micro and macro project manager and influential.
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and work independently under moderate direction and be mentored by a senior level engineer on a daily basis.
- Ability to write technical specifications
- Excellent level skills with Microsoft; Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Strong communicational skills with proven ability to interact with cross functional team of engineering, design, manufacturing and lab team members.
- A knowledge of Heat transfer and thermodynamic cycle.
- Experience with vapor-compression refrigeration systems including related components: heat exchangers and compression technologies.
- Some software programming experience
- Good communication skills and team working experience
- Effective communication, written and verbal, with a globally diverse audience
- Ability to work with others on design teams to understand and translate design and process engineering requirements into product line design components, subsystems and products.
- Ability to understand product/component function, reliability and quality requirements
- Collaborate with Quality/Reliability to implement key metrics into the design of the product and ensure all reliability design goals are achieved
- Understand basic electronic controls function in HVAC equipment
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate will possess a Mechanical Engineering BS degree with 2-3+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge of model development software tools like Ansys/Fluent is a strong differentiator.
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink, Visual Basic, C/C++, and Python.
- Experience in thermo-fluid system control development.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.