Date Posted: 2019-09-01-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
OverviewThe Global Security Operations & Technology Intern is a member of the Global Security team. Global Security is primarily responsible for physical security operations, technology and protection programs. This position is designed for self-motivated individuals with an insatiable appetite to learn and a strong desire to pursue a career in physical security. This internship program will assist in further developing professional skills in the field of Global Security to include security operations, technology, project management, programs, applications and databases management, compliance and risk. This position will have the opportunity to better understand the different facets of a Global Security Program and gain practical experience as you work alongside Global Security Operations & Technology professionals. You will be assigned multiple mentors to shadow as you work on various assignments.
- Candidate must currently be enrolled in an accredited 4-year college program, pursuing a degree in any facet of security (physical, information, cyber, government), information systems management, facility management, business management or ;
- Common body of knowledge: some knowledge and academic/work experience on logical security domains, business management, or information systems management..
- You have to be currently enrolled in classes at a university and be returning to classes after the internship to be considered for this position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Familiar and eager to learn security concepts and technologies for Physical security.
- Considerable writing proficiency and visual design skills, oral presentation skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms.
- Participating in trade / industry organizations, community involvement, and/or school clubs preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Physical Requirements:This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Security Intern Systems Analyst to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.