Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions, and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the largest law firms in the U.S. and around the world, in-house counsel at major corporations, and key decision-makers in the government sector.
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Data Analyst to join our newsroom.
The Data Analyst will be part of a growing team in our Law360 newsroom, helping to implement surveys and rankings of law firms that support our efforts to report on the legal industry. The Data Analyst will support the accurate, timely, relevant and efficient delivery of that research, and would work collaboratively with editors, reporters and graphic designers to analyze the results of the team’s surveys. The analyst will also work on data management, cleaning and verification. The analyst will employ statistical methods to help improve analyses and data usage. Training will be provided.
- Help conduct surveys and interviews.
- Help develop the methodologies used in annual reports and rankings from survey data.
- Collaborate with editors on research projects, based on surveys and publicly available data.
- Help create data visualizations based on surveys and publicly available data.
- Participate in drafting and presenting key research findings to reporters and editors.
- Combine, clean and verify data from multiple sources.
- Help manage our data set. Work with a wide range of stakeholders in Editorial and IT with regard to data management.
- 1+ years of related experience, including in data management, cleaning, and analysis. Relevant coursework may count toward this experience.
- Previous expertise using quantitative analytical tools.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., Pivot Tables).
- Familiarity with R programming, Tableau and/or Python a plus.
- Previous working experience with data visualization techniques. Tableau experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with data of varying quality and from varying sources.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- Legal industry research experience preferred but not required.
- A good teammate, collaborator and relationship builder who can also work independently.
Law360 offices are located in NYC, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. We offer a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary.
Portfolio Media Inc.is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.