Ihre AufgabenThe Maintenance Engineer reports to the Corrective Maintenance Group Leader and is responsible for projects and actions which improve processes and reduce machine downtime, along with providing training and support to the maintenance and production team. Additional requirements are the troubleshooting and repair of all plant mechanical, electrical, controls and automation systems.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Collect data and complete projects and actions which reduce Technical Downtime (TDT) and increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Provide high level training to the production and maintenance staff
- Troubleshoot all plant industrial systems
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Design, develop and execute engineering projects which have direct and immediate improvement upon OEE and TDT.
- Manage large scale projects which improve machine functionality and/or reduce labor costs – develop quote requests, schedule meetings with suppliers, develop work scopes, etc.
- Work directly with production associates, maintenance technicians and supervisors to diagnose machine operation variations and equipment problems.
- Source and procure parts utilizing SAP.
- Coordinate contract work utilizing outside vendors.
- Coordinate maintenance shutdown activities as assigned.
- Provide operator training to all operations personnel to reduce process interruptions.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex industrial equipment.
- Install electrical equipment: size and install conduit and conductors, panel and field terminating, control panel building, etc.
- Install and maintain electrical systems ranging from low to medium voltage
- Operate electrical hand tools and measuring devices.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, sketches or schematics.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment and perform routine, scheduled designated preventive maintenance.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Develop root cause analysis reports, work instructions and training materials.
- Assist with KPI data collection and analysis process to drive MTBF/MTTR improvements.
- Assist in managing non-stocked capital critical spare parts
- Drive 5S results and performance.
- Provide robotic, PLC, and electrical support to maintenance staff
- Communicate shift leadership to discuss updates and establish priorities
- Instruct and train in methods and procedures
- Other responsibilities and projects as specified
- Education/Credentials/Certifications/Length of Experience
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electronics, Electricity or related field required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- Supervisory Experience a plus
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of PLCs, robotics, electrical, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of programmable controllers and industrial robotics including Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC’s and ABB Robotics
- Working knowledge of techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used
- Advanced mechanical knowledge – specifically in forging, die casting or foundry
- Knowledge of machine controls and operation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal abilities
- Basic algebraic abilities as well as ability to read and interpret measurements
- Excellent reasoning and problem solving ability
- Ability to follow step-by-step instructions
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems
- Ability to stay organized and establish priorities
Das sind wir - Ihr neuer Arbeitgeber
thyssenkrupp integrated its Forging & Machining and Undercarriage businesses to start the new business unit Forged Technologies. With roughly 7,000 employees at 18 production sites in seven different countries, thyssenkrupp Forged Technologies has sales of over one billion euros and operates over 50 forging press lines and more than 150 machining and assembly lines in seven countries. The product portfolio includes undercarriage systems for heavy machinery as well as crankshafts, connecting rods, pistons, chassis products, transmission systems and rotor shafts for the automotive industry.
Forged Technologiesthyssenkrupp Forged Technologies is a diversified supplier of components and system solutions for a wide range of different industries and markets. The Group produces crankshafts, connecting rods, Berco undercarriage components and Berco undercarriage systems. With more than 6,800 employees present in 7 countries worldwide we provide state-of-the-art mechanical solutions with the best price/performance ratio. As a global player with a wide-ranging production network, we fulfill individual customer requirements in all markets.
Wir wertschätzen Vielfalt!thyssenkrupp Crankshaft Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
Hinweise zur BewerbungEs gibt keine Bewerbungsfrist. So lange die Stelle auf unserer Karriereseite ausgeschrieben ist, besteht die Möglichkeit, sich zu bewerben.
Weitere Informationen zum Bewerbungsprozess sowie Bewerbungstipps .
Finden Sie mehr heraus über thyssenkrupp, unsere Produkte und Standorte !