Regular (US only)
San Jose, CA
We are looking for an experienced field engineer, working in a diverse team of professionals for a major transit project in the San Jose area. You will apply your Design-Build knowledge of civil engineering and construction to provide construction support on the project.
The successful candidate will report to the lead civil construction engineer and deputy construction manager to monitor and document daily construction activities to ensure compliance with contract requirements. Additionally, the successful candidate will have experience working on rail and transit projects as well as stations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform regular field visits to active construction sites, complying with all relevant field safety procedures
- Verify daily construction activities
- Ensure contractor’s work adheres to design and contract requirements
- Produce daily field reports including photographs to document progress
- Review Contractor’s construction procedures and test results for compliance
- Perform field oversight review of contractor’s activities for compliance with construction quality procedures
- Support lead civil engineer with the review of DB contractor’s progress payments
- Monitor contractor’s adherence to project schedule and proactively identify and report schedule challenges
- Support the lead civil construction engineer and deputy construction manager in developing punch lists and determining Final Project Acceptance
- Liaise with the contractor, client representatives and third parties
- Respond to project inquiries and attend design and progress meetings as required
- Assist with the documentation and resolution of non-compliant construction activities
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in civil engineering or construction management
- At least five years’ experience in civil construction observations and/or a combination of design and construction related experience
- Strong software skill sand creating diagram exhibits i.e. constructing staging diagrams
- Must have environmental knowledge
- CAD experience is required
- Experience with design-build transportation projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. , , .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
Rail and metros, Transportation