Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing FP&A team. This position reports to the Director of FP&A, and will also work closely with leads of various functions.
As a Manager in Financial Planning & Analysis, you will maintain Foursquare Forecast models; develop ad-hoc financial analyses of Foursquares' businesses; develop plans to help the company achieve its goals, and track performance against those plans. Candidates are expected to have a high aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting financial analysis; have demonstrated problem-solving skills; and the ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and work independently.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining and creating complex financials models to support the budgeting, forecasting and growth of Foursquare.
- Develop strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, and core business metrics and to drive better decisions and results.
- Track business performance against operating plans and prepare monthly, quarterly and year-to-date reporting for management and business leads
- Work with different business partners within the organization, gaining insight and knowledge that could affect forecasts.
- Assist in annual budgeting and monthly forecasting for Foursquare departments
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by Director of FP&A
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in FP&A, Finance, or equivalent quantitative roles
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, preparing complex financial models and proven ability to develop financial analysis
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, developing Board and Exec-level presentations
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to manipulate large datasets and extract business insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial audiences
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive financial or other information
- Salesforce and G-Suite experience, preferred
- Solid familiarity with GAAP
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.