Job ID 311002BR
Position Title Medical Science Liaison, Oncology Early Pipeline - North England
Job Description3! The number of principles that drive our culture in the Oncology Business Unit. Everyone is empowered to Be Curious, Be Inspired and most importantly, Be Unbossed.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based, non-promotional medical and scientific role. The key objective is to build partnerships with external healthcare professionals (HCP), to communicate evidence based critical scientific, technical and development issues relating to Novartis products/compounds and the therapeutic areas (TAs) they relate to.
This role will cover territory across Northern England.
Please note that the closing date for applications will be Friday 5th February.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain long-term professional relationships with investigators, medical specialists and healthcare professionals. Utilises superior therapy area and product knowledge to engage with HCPs through non-promotional evidence based scientific dialogue and presentations. Discuss scientific research concepts and ideas with investigators.
- Collaborate with Novartis colleagues to actively support meetings by collecting and interpreting insights competitive intelligence /presentations/ results. Close cross-functional working with office medical colleagues and Sales and Marketing. (May deliver training on TA and molecule to head office and field teams).
- Provide medical support as part of a cross functional team to relevant clinical development studies, including: Feasibility and quality research site recommendations; TA/product training for site staff; medical educational activities to support patient recruitment; strategic support for priority trials; dissemination of study results.
- Medical support to Brand Franchise team including Identification of HCPs; Advisory boards.
- Acts as a field-based reference point for non-promotional scientific and clinical expertise to field force.
- Identify and track potential research opportunities aligned with Novartis molecule development objectives through facilitating IITs and MTA research.
- Implement and/or support scientific projects according to corporate global strategies, including registries, epidemiology projects, preclinical or translational research.
- Ensure that prevailing legislation, GCP, Ethical Committee, and SOP and local WP requirements, and ABPI Code of Practice requirements are fulfilled.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree or equivalent in a relevant degree field (Medical, Pharmacy, Medical Science, Scientific Affairs)
- The ability to understand, process, communicate and present scientific information to a high standard.
- External customer focus with strong networking capabilities and integration with KOLs. Excellent influencing, networking, presentation and communication skills and a proven track record of team cross functional team working.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt priorities according to business and strategic needs.
- The highest ethical standards, with a working knowledge of relevant clinical regulations and industry standards including Good Clinical Research Practice, and ABPI Code of Practice
- Preferably medically qualified/qualified pharmacist or possess a PhD qualification (scientific/medical background)/scientific qualification with significant medical/clinical experience.
- Understanding of clinical development and Good Clinical Research Practice preferred
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Business Unit ONCOLOGY BU
Location United Kingdom
Site North West Region
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Lt
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No