Underwriting Analyst, NextGen:This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Underwriting Analyst, NextGenWe are looking for an Underwriting Analyst to support our regional growth. You will be assigned to the Underwriting Team based in Singapore and work closely with Sales, Account Management, Compliance, Risk, Monitoring, and Finance.
In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing potential and existing merchants from a risk, regulatory, and compliance perspective. As a highly regulated company, we need to adhere to various rules and regulations and grow our business with a healthy portfolio of merchants. Part of this role is also to facilitate our growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimisation and automation.
What you'll do
- Gather information and review new merchant applications through various channels
- Perform risk assessments for prospective and existing merchants based on financial and non-financial information
- Setup processes, monitor and execute checks related to merchant on-boarding
- Evaluate existing procedures to refine and optimize the end to end merchant on-boarding process
- Advice and support internal stakeholders on new and existing merchants questions about on-boarding
- Provide support for periodical reviews and audits
Who you are
- You are a Singapore citizen or permanent resident who has just graduated or has less than 6 months of work experience
- You are extremely detail-oriented, organised and can multitask
- You can work independently, but at the same time, collaborate effectively by connecting with colleagues and sharing ideas to improve processes
- You take initiative, ownership and are committed to challenging the status quo
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and believe efficiency is key
- You are outgoing, friendly, and fun
- You have excellent written and verbal communication