Job PurposeAs a member of the Liberty Global’s Mergers & Acquisitions team, the role will assist in the development and implementation of large scale M&A projects. The M&A team plays a crucial role supporting and executing Liberty Global’s strategy to expand and deliver its fixed-mobile convergence proposition in core markets through the selective acquisition of relevant cable/fibre and telecommunications businesses, opportunities in content and B2B, and by strengthening its partnership positions with existing and new partners including Joint Ventures.
- Assist in the coordination of one or more of Liberty Global’s M&A processes on a daily basis
- Provision of quantitative and qualitative analysis of acquisition targets, impact analysis on Liberty Global and support disposal projects
- Support of due diligence activities and preparation of all documentation
- Cooperation with internal, cross functional teams as required for each deal
- Liaison with external advisors
- Preparation of analysis and presentations of opportunities for Liberty Global’s investment committee
- Contributing to wide range of strategic projects across all current territories and product/service propositions
- Support key business initiatives
- Market and competitor analysis
- Modelling and forecasting for initiatives, including commercial appraisal of projects
- Evaluation of risk opportunities
- Other duties as shall reasonably be requested
Context/Environment:The M&A team reports into Liberty Global’s Chief Development Officer and in so doing is closely linked to strategy at the highest levels within Liberty Global. This is an extremely fast paced environment and the post holder must be accustomed to rapidly changing environments. Regular international travel is a necessity.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- High calibre with relevant & solid work experience post graduation, a strong academic background is essential
- Must have Investment Banking, Management Consulting or Advisory services background
- Specific focus and activity in the telecommunications and /or media sector would be hugely advantageous
- Ability to work across European territories/cultures
- A strategic thinker with robust analytical skills
- Strong financial modelling experience
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Proactive and pragmatic – able to prioritise projects and agendas
- A self-starter, able to work in a highly organised, structured way, deploying robust process management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work dynamically within a team environment
- High personal credibility
Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
The application process at Liberty Global includes a background check regarding, but not limited to employment, education, reference checks and may include a criminal background check.