This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside (in): The Eastern Time Zone
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Data Scientist Intern to join our team!
Our data scientists are responsible for leading the development of advanced analytics models to solve our stakeholders’ problems through innovative products and services; and inform internal business operations and strategy. They will work closely with other data scientists on the team as well as our business stakeholders to drive value through data for our Manheim Auctions business unit. The Data Scientist Intern works under the direction of senior data science staff. The scope of work includes the preparation and analysis of data and basic modeling.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Under the direction of senior team members, execute well-defined analytics tasks, e.g., data preparation, data analysis, data visualization, descriptive statistics, linear regression.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to deliver insightful recommendations and tools.
- Present findings to peers and data science leadership.
Required Experience (minimum):
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an ability to draw clear conclusions supported by quantitative data.
- Self-Starter and curious personality
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Understanding in applying descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive statistics to real-world problems.
- Strong working knowledge of a general-purpose programming language, e.g., Python, as well as a querying language such as SQL.
- The ability to present findings clearly and concisely to team members and data science leadership.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- Majoring in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Rising Junior or Senior or Graduate Student.
What We Look For (preferred): An understanding of one or more of the following strongly preferred:
- Statistics: Descriptive statistics, linear regression, and logistic regression.
- Optimization: Linear models.
- Machine Learning: Basic algorithms, including classification, regression, and clustering.
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
Who We Are
About Cox AutomotiveThere’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
About CoxWe are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.