We are currently looking for a qualified solicitor to join Liberty Global as a Legal Counsel in the dynamic Content Legal team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a team of 4 lawyers who are based both in Amsterdam and London.
A significant part of the role will, at least initially, be deal based; advising on the structuring, drafting and negotiation of distribution deals for linear and VOD content, across different transmission means / platforms in multiple territories.
There will also be a general advisory and project based element to the role with continuous exposure to various forms of new media and the latest in LG’s continuously evolving new product development that leads to interesting legal and ‘rights’ questions – across multiple jurisdictions.
The ultimate aim of the role is to support the business in all content related legal matters as the Content Legal team whilst concluding deals with key third party content suppliers (VOD and linear) also advises on strategic content issues, business development and app agreements, content related regulatory issues (e.g., Portability Regulation) and the content aspects of M&A acquisitions, disposals and JV’s.
You will immediately take on responsibility for your own areas such as taking the lead for the team in (i) relations with certain LG OpCo’s and (ii) certain technical platforms and/or functionalities.
The Legal Counsel will liaise with all functions of the wider Legal Team both in the Amsterdam and London offices (such as M&A, procurement, finance and regulatory) plus will also need to build relationships and work with other functions in the business, in particular the Commercial Programming team, M&A, Regulatory, Technology & Innovation, external partnerships and Strategy teams.
We tend to look people with:
- Law degree
- Training at a reputable / high calibre law firm ideally with IP and IP licensing / commercial / contract experience, particularly in the field of television and digital media
- 1-4 years legal experience
- Pro-active/self-starter and high level of personal responsibility with a ‘can-do’ problem solving attitude
- Broad basic knowledge of the law and of relevant specialist areas (e.g. commercial/contract, IP / media and competition law)
- Sociable and a team player
- Good drafting and some negotiation experience
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Interest in technology and ability to get to grips with complex technological matters
- Commercial / common sense approach
- Good social skills and ability to mix with different kinds of people including from different territories
- Ability to understand complex technical details and translate them appropriately into writing
- Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people