Job DescriptionNorthvolt is now looking for a Data Analyst to be part of our growing validation team in Västerås. This is your chance to contribute to the development of the world's greenest and most sustainable Li-ion battery cell!
The Validation team is working directly with the customer projects and cell development to ensure the excellent performance & safety of Northvolts products – the batteries. Increasing amount of test demands especially in performance and life testing generate huge amounts of data, which need to be processed, visualized, and summarized.
As a Data Analyst for validation, you will be providing data analysis tools (in python) for validation, support with data visualization and generated automated data summaries. You will be collaborating closely with Northvolt’s data team to ensure efficient usage of the generated data.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create visualizations and reports validating the performance of our lithium-ion cells
- Develop data analysis standards and tools for automated analysis
- Share knowledge in collaborative data analysis using modern data science tooling, growing the entire team
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to design and implement a data lifecycle for the Validation Engineering application
Ideally, you have gathered first knowledge about battery testing or battery data analysis related to automotive industry or similar. You like to work and communicate with colleagues from various backgrounds. You have an eye for detail, while at the same time keeping the larger picture in sight. You are organized, pragmatic and keep an overview when working on different tasks. You are a curious, passionate life-long learner, who takes ownership and is eager to collaborate to improve the ways of data handling.
The Data Analyst is a vital member of the R&D team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with an English CV and your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full-time employment, fixed salary.
The planned starting date is ASAP.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in engineering, natural science, or similar field
- Engineering foundation with understanding in electrical, mechanical, and chemical domains
- Preferable experience from industry (working in a team with multiple stakeholders), including experience in developing code for others
- Excellent communication skills with multiple team members.
Specific skills (eg specific programms, languages, certifications etc.)
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Python: Data analysis and visualization (jupyter, pandas, matplotlib/seaborn/bokeh/plotly etc.)
- Comfortable using version control (e.g. git)
- Data storage, processing, and computing technologies
- Analytic thinking & understanding of technical correlations
- Strong sense of responsibility, and ownership
- Strong organization skills and used to manage a range of activities simultaneously
- Have plenty of grit, a can-do attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit, a great eye for detail, a sense of humor and a curious mind
- Passionate & purpose driven
- Familiarity with data storage technologies (SQL DB, GCS/S3)
- Experience with ERP-systems
- Familiarity with Automotive Development Processes
- Knowledge of battery industry is an advantage
- Experience in multicultural, start-up environment