Job ID: JR0165399
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Guadalajara, JAL MX
Job Type: Intern
HW Engineer InternJob Description
The Silicon and System Prototyping Lab (SSPL) is looking for a HW PCB Designer Intern to develop research system prototypes. In this role, you will be expected to support researchers and engineers at Intel Labs to design hardware for experimental Intel Silicon test chips, SoCs, FPGA or CPU based platforms as well as digital or analog novel silicon IPs.
Knowledge or experience in novel computer architectures, wireless communications or machine learning would be considered a plus
- Candidate must have good English communications skills to gather, analyze and synthesize high level requirements from stakeholders
- Willing to ramp up fast in the knowledge and utilization of Cadence design tools and carry out moderately complex PCB designs on his own and have good communications skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Advanced Student of Bachelor (last years) or Master Degree in Computer, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Candidate must have experience using PCB schematic capture and layout CAD tools like Eagle, Cadence, or other tool
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication and assembly processes
- Lab equipment handling for test and failure analysis is a must (Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, etc.)
- Intermediate English level
- Experience designing PCBs with sensors, processors, FPGAs and/or interfaces like MIPI, PCIe, Eth, I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.