We are the world's leading market intelligence agency, and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports the research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and helps us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are in the process of building our cloud platform/infrastructure on AWS using Kubernetes. We want Engineers with a passion for designing and building reliable, scalable and secure systems.
Now is an exciting time to join Mintel as we continue to embrace Kubernetes - you will have a real impact on how we design, deploy and manage our infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have 1 year of internship or professional experience.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and support our cloud platform built on AWS and Kubernetes.
- Consolidating our multi-cloud infrastructure around AWS.
- Migrating our existing application stacks to our new Kubernetes based infrastructure.
- Engaging with developers to educate them on DevOps principles and best practices, understand their frustrations and develop solutions that accelerate their productivity.
- Evaluating new technologies on their suitability and applicability and put the promising ones into production.
- Deploying applications and services using our GitOps workflow using ArgoCD.
- Configuring logging, monitoring and alerting using Loki, Cortex and Prometheus.
- Developing and optimizing automated testing and deployment strategies.
- Using and contributing to open-source software.
Who We Are Looking For:Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious, looking for new opportunities to learn and adapt to the variety of technologies and frameworks our systems use.
Tech-Savvy: You are well-versed in web technology and applications, bringing a highly skilled approach to your day-to-day, constantly learning about what is new or next, and sharing learnings with the team.
A Collaborator:You develop and encourage internal relationships, with technical and non-technical colleagues alike. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and in an agile software development process.
Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill set.
Self-Directed: You are confident and driven on your projects. You have an aptitude for identifying and solving problems, both technical and organizational, and clearly outlining plans and risks for your work.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets