Job descriptionKey member of site operations management team responsible for master schedule, SIOP and inventory management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps establish critical item definition and forecasts demand;
- Performs capacity analysis in order to determine the availability of resources necessary to support the production plan;
- Develops, trains and champions SIOP process to assure coordination of demand to capacity to supply
- Supervises the making of proposals for modifications to plans regarding projected build requirements and demand forecasts, and reports on status;
- Assists in the selection of the best master production schedule (MPS) item parameter to support business strategy and manufacturing objective;
- Supports in gathering and reviews data from manufacturing and support organizations;
- Plan, track and manage site inventory including metrics and KPI's
- Develop and track MPS KPI's to support monthly site reviews
- Coordinates with capacity and material analysis to resolve material and capacity discrepancies that affect the schedule;
- Translates anticipated demand into production and purchase orders for internal and external suppliers;
- Maintains item ordering characteristics;
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- Other duties may be assigned.
Complementary descriptionSupervisory Responsibilities:
Supervise and train Production Planner. Train other relevant production associates to support manufacturing responsibilities.
This position sits and performs computer work for extended periods of time.
The work environment is an office setting with moderate office noise.
Job requirementsEducation and/or Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in business, industrial engineering, or a related technical discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an Associates degree with eight (8) years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Expert
- Experience with preparing & presenting complex data to senior management - Expert
- Proficiency with Micrsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word) - Expert
- Knowledge of Production Scheduling - Advanced
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential – Expert
- Business acumen - Advanced
- Strong leadership skills – Advanced
- Experience with utilization of complex ERP system –
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Advanced SAP experience
Company informationSafran Electrical & Power
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.