Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
The role of the Reliability Engineer is to plan and execute stress test plans to de-risk or validate new product designs and technology platforms. Working in a team environment, testing plans may include intrinsic reliability characterizations, new package robustness evaluations, or advanced look ahead studies to draw out new mechanisms. Qualification plans for new or re-designed products, processes and packages are also developed. The Reliability Engineer also assists in the root cause analysis of qualification failures and drives appropriate corrective and preventive actions using structured problem solving methods. Sustaining support for current products would include risk assessments of any field events.
Key duties of the Reliability Engineer:
- Developing qualification plans, reliability evaluations, and risk assessments in a timely manner.
- Application of physics of failure models with regards to intrinsic semiconductor device level reliability e.g. TDDB, EM, EM and BTI
- Performing reliability statistical calculations, such as MTTF, MTBF, FIT, and failure rate modeling
- Progressing a product/technology through the product development cycle.
- Assisting in or developing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) or other assessments based upon a structured risk evaluation methodology
- Leading structured problem solving teams using six sigma methodologies, such as 8D
- Communicating and interpreting qualification requirements within a cross-functional environment.
- Identifying and planning for application specific mission profiles
- Supporting internal/external customers with general reliability related inquiries.
- BS EE, Materials, Physics, or related field; Master's Preferred.
- >8years, semiconductor industry experience in packaging, wafer fabrication, design, or device physics a plus.
- Proficient in technical writing, project management and independent research
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Exposure to Six Sigma Green/Black Belt methodologies
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law:
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time