Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
The role of the Reliability Engineer is to plan and execute stress test plans to de-risk or validate new product designs and technology platforms. Working in a team environment, testing plans may include intrinsic reliability characterizations, new package robustness evaluations, or advanced look ahead studies to draw out new mechanisms. Qualification plans for new or re-designed products, processes and packages are also developed. The Reliability Engineer also assists in the root cause analysis of qualification failures and drives appropriate corrective and preventive actions using structured problem solving methods. Sustaining support for current products would include risk assessments of any field events.
- BS EE, Materials, Physics, or related field; Master's Preferred, with 3-5 years' semiconductor Industry experience in packaging, wafer fabrication, design, or device physics.
- Proficient in reliability statistical calculations, such as MTTF, MTBF, Weibull, FIT
- Familiarity with FMEA/FMM, or other structured risk evaluation methodology
- Experience leading structured problem solving teams using six sigma methodologies and 8D’s
- Experience with automotive quality and reliability requirements; AEC-Q100, etc.
- Knowledge of physics of failure with regard to package and module level reliability e.g. creep mechanisms, Kirkendall effects, pop-corning, etc.
- Proficient in technical writing, project management and independent research
- Familiarity with industry standards, MIL-STD-883, JESD-47, JESD-94, J-STD-020, etc.
- Experience with inertial MEMS sensors and/or complex modules a plus
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt
- Communication and interpretation of requirements within a cross-functional environment.
- Developing Qualification Plans and creating evaluations and risk assessments in a timely manner.
- Driving root cause and corrective action for failures encountered during qualification testing.
- Progress a product/technology through the product development cycle.
- Reporting reliability test results internally and externally
- Supporting internal/external customers with general inquiries.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law:
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No