Security Software Engineer
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Job Description:Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects. Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent programming skills (Golang is preferred).
- Advanced experience on development for Linux based systems.
- Experience with Cloud Native architecture and Microservices.
- Experience in containers (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Differential is having knowledge on Linux containers internals.
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Desirable knowledge on PKI, identity management and access control.
- Desirable knowledge in Linux security technologies such as SELinux, Apparmor, Linux IMA, Linux LSM.
- Desirable knowledge in Trusted Platform Modules (TPM).
- Desirable knowledge in languages like React JS and Rest API.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Job Level: Expert
COLORADO ONLY:We are legally required to provide the following information for candidates seeking to staff this role in Colorado. The Colorado expected salary/wage range for this position is listed immediately below, although we reserve the right to offer above this range for exceptional candidates. Actual offer may vary from this range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may also be offered. Information about employee benefits offered can be found at http:explorebenefits.hpe.com (userid: benefits / password: preview). Annual Salary: $90,100.00 - $130,600.00
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.