At UNEP DTU Partnership we provide research-based advisory services to assist developing countries deliver on the Paris Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals. We are part of the Technical University of Denmark and work to implement UN Environment’s Climate Change Strategy and Energy Programme and we are now seeking a talented intern who will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and respond to followers on our SoMe channels.
We are looking for a Social Media Intern who:
- Is up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn
- Encompass strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Have an international outlook and is a global citizen
- Thrive in a lively and fast-paced environment, where we everyday work to achieve the Paris Agreement and the SDGs
- Is creative and willing to propose and implement new features along with new SoMe tools and applications.
Day to day tasks will comprise of the following:
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Set specific objectives and generate reports on performance and KPIs
- Collaborate with our Climate, Energy and Sustainable development technical teams
- Assist our Director on her SoMe communication, to ensure good messaging, implementation and brand consistency across channels
- Liaise with SoMe teams from UNFCCC, UNEP, DTU and others on joint events such as the Climate COP, Climate weeks and other national and international meetings and events
- Provide advice to technical staff on engaging SoMe content.
- Enrolled in a BSc or Masters programme in Communication or other relevant field
- Advanced user of SoMe tools and applications
- Fluent in English
- Outgoing and engaging personality
What we offer:
- Participation in international projects, meetings and events
- Possibility to develop yourself on both a professional as well as a personal level
- The chance to work in an inspiring and international environment in the UN-City in Copenhagen.
The position is an unpaid internship, with a duration of 5-6 months and the selected candidate is able to work full time starting from August/September 2021.
In the application, kindly send a cover letter, CV and please include links to 2-3 post examples of great social media use, not necessarily you own.
Please send us your application as soon as possible and no later than 27th of July 2021.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Chief Advisor, Outreach and Communication, Mette Annelie Rasmussen on email@example.com. However, due to the summer holidays, delays in response are expected.