Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
The Configuration Management Team at Textron Systems is seeking a Configuration Management Analyst to support multiple product lines in our Wilmington, Massachusetts location. The successful candidate will be eager to guide and support our Customers and our Engineering teams to follow industry-standard configuration management practices as they investigate, design, and integrate new and advanced technologies into our family of Weapon Systems, Unmanned Air Vehicles, Surface Vessels, and Ground Control Systems.
- Perform the five functions of Configuration Management in support of programs from medium to large size. Help programs meet their goals for cost, quality, and schedule.
- Interpret complex specifications, contractual data, and hardware requirements, and apply that knowledge to provide direct support and assistance to Program teams as needed.
- Participate in Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) that ensure delivered product meets the product baseline requirements. Assemble data packages and coordinate meeting minutes and audit actions.
- Support CCBs between Textron Systems and its customers and between Textron Systems and its suppliers. Draft agendas, keep minutes and actions, and perform routine status accounting tasks for the program.
- Review documentation creation and change activities to ensure proper application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system requirements to metadata at the time of release.
- Support assembly of periodic Technical Data Package (TDP) deliveries by utilizing the PLM system to assemble and review the necessary documentation.
- Support improvements to existing policies and procedures to support timely program execution and compliance with new and revised Configuration Management standards.
- Support Quality System audits as requested.
- Support the initial release and any subsequent revisions of program documents and drawings
Qualifications - ExternalKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of configuration management process and relevant industry and Government standards.
- Effective presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Personal computer and corporate tool skills. (e.g., All Microsoft Office – Access, Excel, MS Project, ENOVIA, Teamcenter, Oracle ERP, Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to establish and maintain configuration baselines for planning, managing, and building systems.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently control engineering changes to systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and extract applicable information from specifications. Knowledge of ASME Y14.100 and related standards.
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule tasks.
- Ability to work well with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, specifically Teamcenter and ENOVIA.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Software Versioning tools available to establish and maintain project software baselines.
- Industry or Government Configuration Management certification (CM2, NDIA)
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, specifically Siemens NX and SolidWorks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Required experience must include at least six (6) years in a Configuration Management decision-making position with eight (8) years preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred, or equivalent education and/or experience to demonstrate the ability to successfully perform the job.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
EEO StatementTextron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy StatementThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Recruiting Company:Textron Systems
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Job Posting:03/14/2022, 6:28:10 PM