At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
With sales growth rapidly outpacing the industry standard, Meraki’s manufacturing needs are growing exponentially. We are seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager who is looking to grow into a role of managing and negotiating with enclosure component manufacturers and interfacing with the ODMs. As our products increase in number and complexity, you'll supervise the particulars of where and how these products will be made.
- Use your investigational skills, you will piece together an accurate picture of new technologies and processes in an ever-shifting market and then use this knowledge and your unimpeachable negotiation abilities to get the best deal for us.
- Develop strategic relationships with mechanical suppliers, including negotiating product supply agreements and costs.
- Own NPI operations and product quality, and collaborate with hardware engineering and supply chain teams.
- Experience in sourcing and managing suppliers (sheet metal, plastics, castings, CNC, enclosures)
- Knowledge in researching, building, and maintaining cost models, contract negotiations, and supplier management
- Understand technology and align NPI through early design engagement with product design mechanical engineer
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams and influence supplier management at all levels
- Able to travel up to 30% to Asia, especially Taiwan and China.
- BS in Mechanical or Equivalent experience
- Strong organizational skills.
- Peerless discretion and judgment.
- Proven fact-finding abilities.
Bonus If You Have
- MBA in Supply Chain, operations, or Finance.
- Experience in NPI product operations and mechanical manufacturing process
- Proven leadership skills
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.