While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results
What You'll DoYou will join an organization of Test Engineers and Test Managers to support analysis and validation for large projects across our EMEAR region.
You’ll need to be ready to work optimally with end customers, sales, services and development engineering, acting as a connection between them while supporting each groups priorities. You should understand sophisticated designs and configurations, detail test requirements and smooth reporting. Ultimately, you’ll lead that responsibility to build that client confidence to deploy such a solution.
Who You'll Work WithSolution Validation Services, as part of Cisco Customer Experience supports our clients and end users with unusual validation of scaled pre deployment or network migration services. Tailored towards new technologies such as ACI / SDA, NFV, Cloud, SD WAN, IoE / IoT, Cisco’s Investment in SVS labs globally provides a platform for ranged validation of such technologies. Building industry recognition for quality and redefining our clients network deployment experience while giving an exciting environment to both learn and grow new skills.
This role will require you to:
- Work with a team of creative employees to perform test and validation activities to a set standard
- You will drive detailed discussions to accurately collect validation requirements and document detailed test plans with test cases from these requirements
- You will also design, build and configure, test bed topologies based on the validation requirements
- You have deep knowledge of the setup and use of standard & proprietary traffic generation tools
- You will drive troubleshooting of issues and collaborate with stakeholders to get to a resolution.
- You will compile and present detailed client reports for test results
Who You Are
- You have minimum CCIE level, ideally DC and/or SP
- Experience in testing/validation
- You are passionate about scripting for building automated test cases and reporting
- You have experience in both Waterfall and Agile test delivery
- You have good customer facing skills
- Project management skills are a favour
- You have a deep knowledge of the following technologies
- Security (Access control, Posture, Encryption Cyber, DDoS)
- Cisco SDN technologies NFV, ACI, SDA, SD-WAN
- Scripting (Python)
- Test tools knowledge(Ixia / Spirent)
We Are Cisco#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.