Job descriptionAre you interested in working on new cutting-edge technology platforms?
Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude and are you looking to succeed?
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our BSS team and assist in the running and upgrading of some of our Business Support Systems. systems, processes and functionalities within our CRM, rating and charging platforms used in Malta and internationally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform telco product implementation, functional interoperability and acceptance testing;
- Diagnose, report and assist in resolving issues efficiently;
- Taking ownership of technical issues, working with our vendors to resolve issues as quickly as possible;
- Support revenue assurance and audit teams in system reconciliations;
- Supervise charging, rating and billing processes;
- Setting up of flows towards new network elements;
- Liaise with other teams and vendors on new functionalities, system upgrades and roadmaps;
- Play a key role in maintaining uptime on BSS platforms,
- Preferably possess a degree in ICT, Engineering or a related field and/or relevant work experience;
- Sound knowledge of SQL (preferably with experience on Oracle databases), SOAP/XML and Linux;
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrable competence at communicating in English;
- Be well organised, self-motivated and able to prioritize work in relation to the organisation’s objectives;.
Encouraging diversityWe aim to recruit the best person for the job, from all backgrounds. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities and other diverse backgrounds, as we want a diverse workforce with different perspectives, views, and experiences. We're happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage.
Melita has held the Equality Mark from the National Commission for the Promotion of Equality since 2010.
If you have any questions related to the position Systems Engineer - BSS Platforms get in touch here.
More info about Technology
Our technology team designs, builds and maintains Melita's networks and platforms to deliver state of the art ICT services to our customers. This includes traditional and innovative wired and wireless networks coupled with an extensive range of core engineering platforms. In turn this infrastructure is integrated and supported via a range of custom and off the shelf information technology solutions that provide all necessary aspects of business and customer support.