Requisition Number: 153023
Position Title: Software Engineer II
External Description:In the world of Quality Engineering, we have one vision: enable predictable development by driving Quality ‘by Design’. What does this mean? Stronger and cleaner code, robust and reliable tools, and progressive and innovative processes that push our development teams to new heights.
In a nutshellIn this role, you will plan, build and release world-class tools, collaborate with a global team driving innovation around quality testing and automation and be a solid “bridge-builder”, strengthening relationships with developers and stakeholders around the world relying on your tools and skills that help make our products great.
Main Purpose of the RoleThe Software Engineer within the Shared Components Quality & Tech (SCQ-T) group will report to the Development Director, be responsible for design and UI development of robust tools & quality guidance that ensure we deliver leading services to our development partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage and work amongst a small group of SEs working on the development of enterprise applications
- Verify technical requirements from stakeholders or business analysts
- Author designs ensuring completion of all requirements
- Analyze business processes and define application workflows focusing on usability
- Follow quality standards through code reviews and design approvals
- Participate in the implementation plan that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies and deliverables
- Write high quality code and debug across multiple modules while dealing with related external dependencies
- Perform complete testing of web applications
- Document tools and practices and participate actively in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
- Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge on Angular2 or ReactJS or JQuery
- Good C# knowledge
- Object Oriented Programming Principles
Nice to have
- Knowledge of distributed application architecture and RESTful API
- Databases (SQL, Non-SQL) – basic knowledge
- NodeJS knowledge
- Webpack 2
- Knowledge of Design/UI Mocking Tools such as Photoshop and Balsamiq
- Continuous Integration with either TeamCity or Jenkins
- Cloud experience
- Backend or Full stack experience
- Unit Test or UI Test or Test tool experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills.
- Pro-active, motivated, and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Flexible and dynamic – quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective.
- Ability to work under extremely demanding and dynamic situations.
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack developer
Company Profile:Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-09 06:43:27.94
EEO Employer Verbiage:EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES