DescriptionWe’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOWTV Software Development Team
The perksAs part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
You will:In this role, you will work as part of a Scrum team to develop the next major release of NOW using and introducing agile techniques such as pairing and BDD.
- Develop excellent quality software
- Work with the team to improve agile techniques
- Take an active role in the design and architecture of the application
- Assist in story definition, assisting QA’s and product owners/leads with Acceptance Criteria
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Take a pro-active role with production issues and release management
- Contribute to the technical direction of the team
- Continuously challenge the ways of working to ensure continuous improvement within the team
- A high level of competency in producing high quality client application software (including Web front-end / react & Redux).
- An In-depth understanding of 2 or more software architecture patterns (e.g. MVC, MVVM).
- A good understanding of the Scrum process.
- A strong desire to demand and provide clarity
- The ability to find ways to improve
- A passion for learning
- The necessary to be a strong and sensitive team member
- Have the ability to recognise what needs to be done and how to do it
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about