A World-Changing CompanyAt Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The RoleAs a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will maintain reliable infrastructure so that our Forward Deployed Engineers and Product Teams can build products that solve our customers' hardest problems and can be counted on when they are needed most. You will work collaboratively with engineers to understand what they need to get their jobs done. You care deeply about the availability and security of our systems, and configuration as code is your tool for ensuring that everything is operating as it should.
- Manage and secure Linux-based cloud systems and networks at scale.
- Work with tools to automate critical aspects of production systems such as: configuration management and deployment of infrastructure.
- Maintain the stability and performance of the cloud platform.
- Utilize the latest industry standard tools and practices to meet the evolving needs of our internal engineers/developers and external customers.
Technologies We Use
- Languages: Ruby, Python, Go, and Java
- Systems Management: Terraform, Docker, Ansible, and Puppet
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure
- Linux: CentOS (6 and 7)
What We Value
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role, or related technical field
- Coding/scripting fluency in at least one language and a commitment to automate solutions
- Experience with Linux systems from the kernel level and up
- Experience with configuration management solutions
- Ability to quickly take on new roles and responsibilities
- Track record of successfully deploying and running configuration management systems
- Desire to see features through from development to deployment in production environments
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Apply for this job